“But if I say I’ll never mention the Lord or speak in his name, his word burns in my heart like a fire. It’s like a fire in my bones! I am worn out trying to hold it in! I can’t do it!”, (Jeremiah 20:9, NLT)
|Pixabay image: not my daughter’s paper.|
The familiar echos of “You aren’t good enough”, “No one will read what you write” or the big one, “Your writing can’t be used for God because you don’t know how to do it correctly” started taunting me.
As I sat down to write my originally planned
post,”Yesterday’s Stones: Stealing Today’s Joy”, I felt the familiar pangs of not being good enough grip my heart and threaten to paralyze the words that burn in my bones. What will I do with that? Will I slink down the path of Inadequacy, or will I lay those stones down at the feet of Jesus and trust that God knew what He was doing when He called me to write?
“God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful. God chose things despised by the world (things counted as nothing at all), and used them to bring to nothing what the world considers important. As a result, no one can ever boast in the presence of God.” (1:27-29, NLT)
- Abraham was old… Genesis 17
- Jacob was a liar… Genesis 27:19
- Leah was considered ugly… Genesis 29:17
- Joseph was abused… Genesis 37: 24-36
- Moses stuttered…Exodus 6:12-14
- Gideon was afraid… Judges 6:21-23
- Rahab was a prostitute… Joshua 2:1
- David had an affair and was a murderer… 2 Samuel 11:3-27
- Naomi was a widow… Ruth 1:3
Leave a Reply