Grief and sorrow has a way of blinding us from the HOPE of God. Our goal is to help people learn to “Shift thier vision” during times of loss, to see God’s light of HOPE in the midst of their dark and painful circumstances.
Shifted Vision was birthed in 2012 after Tammy lost a loved on in a vehicle accident. Through a series of events, which she shares in her book SHIFTED VISION, she was able to see and recognize God’s presence in the details of her loss. She realized that if the overwhelming grief she experienced was all she focused on, she would miss the rays of HOPE and beauty God placed there for her. She has learned the skills to have a ‘Shifted Vision’ and uses her ministry to help others be able to do the same thing.
THE CHERRY BLOSSOMS
The cherry blossom tree represents the beauty as well as the fragility of life and its seasons. When the trees bloom each year, they are a reminder of how precious and precarious life is. The presence of the cherry blossom ushers HOPE of new beginnings while at the same time honoring what has ended.
A MINISTRY OF GRIEF AND LOSS
When most people think of grief and loss, they automatically assume loss associated with death. While death is one of the most traumatic losses we can experience, there are other significant losses as well. Divorce, health, job loss, and natural disasters are examples of the fragility of our lives and our future plans.
For the most part, our culture does not teach or equip us to walk seasons of loss well. Shifted Vision Ministries exists to bridge that gap to help people find God’s HOPE while walking through a season of grief and loss.
METHODS OF SUPPORT
There are several methods Tammy uses to bring God’s HOPE into the dark places of grief.
- Blog Posts–while there are other types of posts on the Shifted Vision website, since September 2017 Tammy has focused on only posts that address God’s grace and HOPE in season’s of loss.
- Published Books–Tammy’s books each provide a deeper perspective of God’s presence and His rays of HOPE that pierces the darkness of despair sorrow brings.
- Life Coaching–Clients have the privileged of one on one coaching and mentoring with Tammy. Whether they meet in person or virtually (for those not in the Houston area), Tammy uses her Grief and Loss training as well as her sensitivity to the Holy Spirit to bring HOPE to those who are hurting.
- Speaking events–Whether it is a ladies luncheon, a multi-session retreat, a support group, Keynote or guest speaker, Tammy brings a message of God’s HOPE to her audience. While grief is her calling and ministry, for speaking events she creates messages that are specific to her audience that do not necessarily center around God’s HOPE while grieving.
- Workshops/ support groups–Tammy leads community workshops and 5 week support groups to help those who are grieving. She also offers workshops and support groups for those who want to support and help those who are grieving.
If you would like to contact Tammy to see how you, your loved ones, or your organization can partner with Tammy and the mission of Shifted Vision Ministries to bring HOPE.
Shifted Vision Ministries