It is a place we despise. It suggests we are missing something or some how our life isn’t complete. Often times we think of the ‘in-between’ as the hard place between two good or happy seasons of life. “In-between” indicates lack.
Where is God in Our In-Between?
He is there. He is present. In the midst of the trials of your in-between, God is there and rescuing you. You may not feel it or see it, but He is there. He’s there are your comforter, healer, provider and sustainer.
The Children of Israel and Their ‘In-Between’
The Children of Israel faced many ‘In-Between’ places.
They were ‘in-between slavery and the Promised Land. Between the Red Sea and an Angry Pharaoh. Between abundance and lack.
In their in-between, they found themselves in a Wilderness place. In this place, God led them in amazing ways they could never have imagined. He was a cloud by day and a flame by night. He created manna to sustain them, and had the Red Sea swallow their enemies.
They had a belief in Him before He showed up in these ways, but they didn’t know Him in these capacities. He had never had a reason to reveal Himself in their lives like this before.
What about your in-between?
Why Can’t I see God in My In-Between?
- Are you limiting Him?
- Perhaps you have your mind made up on how He should show up, so are blinded to the ways He is actually there.
- Are you rejecting support from others?
- Maybe He is choosing to show up in the form of others, yet you keep rejecting their help and support.
- Are you not ready for Him to reveal Himself?
- Maybe your heart isn’t ready for the rescue quite yet.
- Have you stopped long enough to seek Him?
- Perhaps you are too busy with busyness and haven’t slowed down enough to recognize His presence.
- Are you aware of His Mercy and Grace?
- Maybe He wants you to gain a new revelation of who He is and the power of His mercy and grace.
Honestly, it could be any, all, or none of these things. Trusting God’s Word and promises that He hasn’t abandoned you is the first key to being able to see Him in the midst of your sorrow.
Living the In-Between by Faith
Faith is your answer–no matter the question. Faith makes the ‘in-between’ times bearable. Faith trusts that God hasn’t abandoned you. It also brings HOPE to a season of life that may seem hopeless.
What wilderness are you currently wandering in? Ask God to reveal Himself in your wilderness place in a way that you can recognize Him. I’d love to hear how He answers your prayer!
This post is part of a 31 day series on Hope for Grieving Hearts. To see all of the posts in this series, click the button below. Thank you for reading. I hope you are blessed and encouraged.